Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Off to Athens again

The clock in the upper right corner says 6:21 AM. I'm flying out of Baton Rouge to Atlanta at 10:05 AM. Maureen will drive me to the airport, then continue down to New Orleans where she will catch a flight to Dallas. She's living with us while looking for work after being fired from her previous job as new business developer at PIXL, an event planning company with a wicked woman boss who was impossible to work for.

My head is full of thoughts as I get cranked up for my trip. I have tasks and projects on my plate- getting my license reinstated after failing to meet the deadline for Continuing Education hours, preparing to teach Honors 2000 again, pulling the September 11 pre-party together for my high school class 45th reunion weekend, handling my mother's estate, maintaining my life infrastructure and relationships.  I have ideas I want to write about such as "performing the role of myself" and "do I have a theory of psychology/life?" but they will have to wait while I pack for an 8 AM departure with Maureen. Tonight I dine at Hilltop Grill with the planning committee.

No comments: