Sunday, March 13, 2016

Dream (March 13, 2016)


I awoke around 4am and got up to eat a bowl of cereal. I started reading obituaries of people who have died in 2016. An hour or so later, I went back to sleep and had the following dream.

I was traveling to some kind of resort in a mountainous area. I rode a bicycle or moped up a long incline passing a few other cyclists until my momentum gave way and I dismounted. I kept walking a little ways until coming to a walkway. I entered a line of people on the walkway. It became a sort of elevated track which ended with an opening that appeared designed to all walkers to be picked up or to get on another form of transportation such as a bus or people mover. Neither was there, just a drop off too high to jump from. I said (aloud or to myself), “What do we do now?” Then someone came to pick up the people waiting. We were taken to the resort. Someone was choosing people to receive tickets to the next destination or perhaps an activity. I was selected and handed a string of cardboard tickets. After studying this, I saw arrows indicating where to tear off a single ticket which I did. A woman was asking why she wasn’t chosen. Later, I was taken in a car with some women to another place, an upscale country club. Another group  of women at the club were walking toward me as I sat on the curb, not knowing what was supposed to happen. I heard a woman speaking German so I said, “Guten abend!” I corrected this immediately to “Guten Morgen.” The woman I was addressing saw me and became angry, apparently because I was wearing shorts, which wasn’t allowed. I was taken prisoner by employees who took me into a medical clinic suite where a man injected my neck with a drug to render me unconscious. I wasn’t really alarmed and I said, “Unconscious works for me.” Later, I awoke and was released. I was being sent away. I heard two men saying the drug I was given “increases the risk of infections later on.” I asked about this and was told it happened several years down the line. I reassured myself saying, “Well, I have a strong immune system so maybe it won’t affect me much.”

No comments: