Monday, March 7, 2016

Eternal life in a human body

"Where I go when I die, no man can tell."  John Lee Hooker

It's sad when people die, especially, when someone dies at an early age and loses the opportunity to achieve full expression of his or her potential and experience. I believe medical science will continue to make spectacular progress in curing diseases and generally finding ways to live longer and healthier lives. However, I'm skeptical about the idea of prolonging an individual life indefinitely, one way or another. Even if it were possible, I would not wish to do so. At some point, much as I am attached to myself and this existence, I would be ready to let go of the limitations imposed by the body, upon which my consciousness depends, and to find out what comes next.

No comments: