Sunday, October 30, 2016

Reply to Kate Pierson's email of Oct 24 2016

Hi, Kate,

Just saw your emails. This address goes through my professional mailbox and I'm semi-retired, so I don't always see messages right away.

Thanks for making an effort to get in touch. I was in Athens when the news broke. You may or may not know I had arranged, as executor on my Mom's estate, to sell our old house to Roy Bell. He's going to renovate and resell (i.e., flip) it. He will do beautiful work that will transform it for its next life and I hope it contributes to his and Debbie's financial well-being.

The sale closed on Friday and I was sorting through the last of my parents' archives to clear them out on Sunday when Roy called to tell me about Jeremy. Very sad for sure. I was already invited to dinner at Roy and Debbie's and Roy and I took a walk through Jeremy's gardens, which were very lovely.

For some reason Jeremy did not communicate with me much in the past few years. It had been many years since we actually sat down and talked. We were Facebook friends and I appreciated that he'd become passionate about progressive politics but he didn't seem to take an interest in anything I was doing. My practice is to leave it alone if people pull back. But my relationship with Jeremy went back to early childhood (our Dad's played golf together!) and he had a very important positive influence on me for which I'm grateful. I need to write about Jeremy and hopefully the Muse decides to inspire my pen.

Sending you peace, love and good vibrations always,

Owen

No comments: