Thursday, March 14, 2019

My comment on the college admissions scandal involving Yale University

I wanted to go to Yale for my graduate training in Psychology. It was one of the first applications I submitted. The conventional wisdom was to apply to as many schools as possible because positions were very competitive. As I sent in more, I realized the quality of the personal statements they had you write was improving each time. I have a clear memory of receiving a letter from Yale. It was in a tiny envelope and I knew before I opened it I hadn't been accepted. I thought to myself if I had applied to other schools first, maybe I would have gotten into Yale. But life only happens one way and at this point, I have no regrets about how things worked out. If you could change one thing, it would change everything and I have no complaints about where I am today. πŸ§πŸŽΆπŸ’œ

No comments: