Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Dream October 28 5am

It's the end of the first meeting of a therapy group I'm leading with 4 women. It has gone well. I'm speaking to a member who has an alcohol abuse problem. Laura Taylor and MLK are observing. In parting I say to the lady, "I know you don't want to be an unhealthy drinker." I think this is a way to encourage her to address the problem. ML asks me about using a certain book re recovery but I haven't heard of it. Laura asks about "seeing me" for a counseling session. "You mean now?" I ask. Her affect is upbeat and I take it there's something she's wants to discuss and get my input. I think it's best to keep it informal and suggest going to dinner, as it's 6pm. She agrees enthusiastically. We take my car because she came with someone else, maybe Raiford. She picks a restaurant called "Yogurt something" which I agree to although I had it in mind to go to a nice place. Somehow we end up at her family's house where she lives with her parents and sister as a single person. I observe a dialogue between Laura and her mother about her wanting to make a change. Her life is good but she's bored. "I'm 31 years old!" At some point I'm concerned about getting in trouble for doing the group after my license is expired. I think about using a generic title that doesn't require one. Jenny is planning a trip to London, England. I'm thinking it will be my 3rd visit.

My thought process is a prominent aspect of this dream. It reflects my present life after retirement. What am I doing with myself, with knowledge, skills and understanding gained during my professional career? Laura represents relationship- how am I connecting with other people? Noteworthy coincidence: Another good and dear friend named Laura is undergoing surgery today for colon cancer. She messaged me her prognosis is excellent. Prayers for her well-being.

No comments: