Saturday, March 9, 2024

Pittsburgh

I'm on my way to visit Lauren in Pittsburgh. I last saw her a year ago when she was closing on her house. Since then, Lauren being Lauren, I've spoken to her maybe 4 or 5 times. I call and she seldom answers, so I leave messages so she'll know I think about her. It's a little sad because she's such a delight but neither of us are big phone people. But we care about one another and we both know it, so it's OK. 

I have a number going on I should be writing about here. Have I mentioned I'm playing in two groups? In case I haven't, I was recruited out of the blue by Natalie Sharp, a talented singer, for a Swamp Pop group. Then, guy who saw my profile on Bandmix contacted me about being the third person in an acoustic all Beatles trio! The idea was intriguing and I'm glad I decided to give it a try. All the people in both groups are good musicians and pleasant individuals. I'm bringing my Gibson acoustic guitar to Pittsburgh so I can practice while Lauren is working. 

The other major news item is I've finally gotten to work on the family archives that have been passed down to me. These include numerous letters, documents and photographs from both the Scott and Reeder sides of the family. 

No comments: