Friday, July 16, 2021

The Maine thing

We're off this morning for a two week vacation in Maine with Jenny Scott. The highlight of the trip is Acadia National Park near Bar Harbor, a place we've had in mind to visit for some time. Jenny and Mary Lou (mostly Jenny) planned the itinerary months ago and I haven't even looked at it, yet. I've got printouts in my briefcase and will go over it shortly.

I had an alarm set for 430am to catch our 630am flight to Atlanta in route to Portland, ME. I awoke at 3 and after a trip to the bathroom couldn't get my brain to turn off, despite trying my focusing method that's often effective. My brain took me through time and space all over my personal Universe in a seemingly arbitrary manner. It started with trying to recall the name of the illustrious Swedish surrealist film director,  Ingmar Bergman (which finally popped into my mind after I'd moved on to other subjects). Along the way I ran through the lyrics of Fortune Cookie and Fictional Character in the Worldwide Game of Charades, reflecting on the statements they make about me. Many other topics I don't recall right now were touched upon, as well. I do recall framing the situation nonjudgementally so as not to slip into negative affectivity. Finally,  I got up right before the alarm was to go off and deactivated it.

No comments: