Saturday, July 31, 2021

Farewell to Maine

I got up at 527am to catch my 715am flight to Atlanta and turned off the 530 alarm so as not to disturb Jenny whose flight to LaGuardia is at 1045am. I had a coffee cup of cereal and milk and worked on stowing a few items still needing to be packed, trying to be quiet with partial success.  I summoned an Uber ride at 550am and made it to the airport at 620. I was a little muddled mentally as I checked my bag and got through the TSA screening. We're taking off now. Perhaps coffee will sharpen my cognitive processes...

923am EST

I drank a cup of coffee and watched Be water, a lovely and skillfully crafted documentary about Bruce Lee. The film convincingly shows Lee to have been a wise and remarkably gifted man who was dedicated to his family and who pursued his personal vision with unwavering determination and honor. One can't help feeling sad he died at the doorstep of seeing his dreams fulfilled; yet, if we are to be water, as Bruce  Lee taught, Fate is the vessel we must flow into.

No comments: