Sunday, August 16, 2020

The latest recurring dream

 I remember two parts of a dream I had on Saturday after I went back to sleep in the morning. In the first part I was surprised and happy to see that Lauren Scott was visiting. Someone reminded me I had seen her the previous evening.  The second part was the recurring scene where I am with a parent or grandparent who is very old and barely hanging on to life. In this case, it was Grandmama and Grandpapa. Grandpapa was slumped down on a sofa, apparently asleep. I approached him and said "I'm proud to be a Scott." I didn't get a response and so I repeated it, "I'm proud to be a member of the Scott family!" I told him and I was feeling it sincerely. He picked up his left arm which seemed like a sign he was alive and conscious. However, I then noticed the move seemed mechanical as if a reflex rather than a volitional movement.

Thoughts about the dreams.  Lauren is the present of the Scott family. Grandmama and Grandpapa are the past.  Lauren is brilliant but I'm concerned about the survival of our genetic heritage. I love her unconditionally and delight in her wonderful qualities.  Maureen doesn't appear in the dream but her child is the future of the family.

No comments: