Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Yet another anxiety dream

The morning before last, I woke up early as I often do and after eating a bowl of cereal went back to bed. Mary Lou left to go to her tread class and I fell sleep. About 90 minutes later, I woke from a disturbing dream. I had been at an apartment in a building with my Mac book and seem to have been working on something with another person who also had a laptop computer. My old associate Michael Duttweiler was present along with some other people. I left to go elsewhere but realized I didn't have my Mac book. I went back to the apartment and the Macbook had disappeared. I was quite distressed and began to look frantically for my device. I suspected Michael had stolen it but I had no proof. I left and then wanted to return to the apartment but had difficulty finding where it was in the building (a frequent recurring theme in my dream life). I walked around the building several times and reentered, finding myself in other people's apartments, which increased my anxiety. I was never able to recover my computer and I woke up feeling distraught.

No comments: