Sunday, June 24, 2018

My most incredible true story of losing track of things

Mary Lou and I went to the Salad Shop today for lunch as we often do. One of the sweet ladies who works there and waits on us regularly came to our table with the wallet I lost last Monday and had no idea what had happened to it. Many years ago, I went to visit a patient of mine at Orleans Parish Prison who had been arrested for attempting to assassinate the Sheriff of LaFourche Parish with a remotely detonated bomb. I parked my red Honda Prelude on the street in front of the prison and walked into the building to the security portal. Reaching for ID, I realized with dread my wallet wasn't in my pocket. In a flash, I remembered where it was- sitting on top of my car in plain view (black wallet/red paint) of anyone passing by. I ran back to the car. About 10-minutes had passed and there was my wallet, just waiting to be snatched. Needless to say, I snatched it while saying a prayer of thanks to the protector of my charmed life.

No comments: