Saturday, June 30, 2018

OMG

is the Original Music Group, an open mike for singer-songwriters to perform their own compositions held every Friday from 6-8pm and later at La Divina, a cool little Italian cafe at the corner of Perkins and South Acadian. I participate several times monthly and am the scheduled host every first Friday. I'll have to miss my hosting next Friday as we'll be out of the country, but I played last night accompanied by my dear friend, Larry Bradford, a black Vietnam veteran who plays djembe. We did three songs, my newest "I'm All Right" which is basically directed toward X, who may never hear it, "Runaway Train Wreck" which I wrote and recorded at least 2 years ago but had never played for an audience, and "Free Man Running Around on Planet Earth," my 2nd newest complete song. I played my Martin acoustic tuned to Open D (D-A-D-A-A-D)  for the first two and my Swan acoustic with built in mic on "Free Man" tuned to Open G (D-G-D-G-G-D). Jane Kelley held my Galaxy S8+ so I could Go Live on Facebook and the recording came out pretty nicely. No sign of her listening but I'm motivated to keep working on solo and duet performances until I can get an electric group going, another thing that may never happen again.

No comments: